Monday, September 30, 2013

Fruits and Berries Song for Kids (+ Counting to 10)

Summer is a wonderful season of harvesting fruits, berries and vegetables. Lots of people around the world celebrate the harvest and the end of the field work season in late summer and in the beginning of autumn. It's an important event and a great topic for English lessons with kids. After all, the majority of children adore fruits and berries, so learning their names in English could be really exciting for them. That's why I decided to create a “Fruit and Berries Counting Song”. Singing this song, kids can fancy themselves gathering fruits and berries in a garden. And this is kind of a song with the added value as it teaches not only the fruits and berries vocabulary but also counting to ten. And as usual I asked my husband to create an animated cartoon for this song for me to make learning fruits and berries more engaging. This is the third song where you can here the voice of my 3-years old son who also learns English using my teaching materials. So here is the resulting video:


And these are the song lyrics:

Fruits and berries summer brings
Let’s count them: 1,2,3.
In the garden
Where fruit trees grow
Put your baskets in a row.

I see an apple on the tree
It’s so good for you and me.
The apple’s shining in the sun
On this branch there’s only one.

1
One apple

Look at the pears nice and ripe
Take them quickly for the pie.
They are ready just for you
On this branch there are two.

1,2
Two pears

I see some plums on that branch,
I’ll eat them all at my lunch.
Don’t leave these fruits on the tree
Count together, there are three

1,2,3
Three plums

I see some apricots, bright and soft
I like these fruits most of all
Take them all, let’s find some more
On this branch there are four:

1,2,3,4
Four apricots

In the garden I see some cherries
How many of them for me to carry?
So sweet like honey in a hive
Count with me, there are five

1,2,3,4,5
Five cherries

How many peaches you can see?
They are delicious as can be.
Count them all, no more tricks
High on that branches there are six

1,2,3,4,5,6
Six peaches

I’ve noticed something on the ground
It’s big and yellow, sweet and round.
Let’s take a look! Oh, it’s a melon
Not only one, there are seven

1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Seven melons

I know raspberries are also healthy
They are so red and fresh and tasty
Put them quickly on my plate
On that bush there are eight

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Eight raspberries

There are also blackberries in front of you
I need these berries for making juice
Put them all in a line
Count with me, there are nine

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Nine blackberries

How many strawberries? Find them please.
They are hiding under the leaves.
Count the berries. Oh, you can!
How many of them? There are ten

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Ten strawberries

Fruit and berries summer brings
We’ve counted them: 1,2,3.
Let’s make some jam and apple mousse
And cherry tart and pear juice.

Free Printable Fruits Flashcards


I’ve also created several sets of colorful flashcards to go with my “Fruit Counting Song” for children to learn and memorize the names of fruits and numbers fast and easy. The first set of fruit flashcards includes cards with both pictures and words which can be used to introduce the new fruits and berries vocabulary to kids. The second set includes flashcards with pictures only while the words can be found on separate cards. I often use this kind of flashcards for different games and activities aiming at practicing new vocabulary.

The first set of flashcards with words in singular

fruit flashcards for learning English
Fruit flashcards with words







fruit flashcards with words

fruit flashcards for teaching esl

fruit flashcards for kids

The second set of flashcards with pictures and words on individual cards

fruit flashcards without words for kids
Fruit flashcards without words

fruit flashcards for children

fruit flashcards without words

fruit flashcards for teaching kids

words for fruit flashcards
Words (vocabulary) for the fruit flashcards

The “Fruit Counting Song” also presents the numbers from 1 to 10. That’s why I’ve made two sets of flashcards with multiple fruits / berries and their names in plural. And again the first set consists of flashcards with both pictures and words while the other set has flashcards with pictures and words on separate cards.

The third set of fruits flashcards with words in plural

fruit flashcards in plural
Fruit flashcards with nouns in plural

fruit flashcards with words in plural

fruit flashcards in plural for learning english

The fourth set of flashcards with words in plural and with pictures and words on individual cards

fruit flashcards in plural for teaching kids
Fruit flashcards with fruit names in plural

fruit flashcards in plural for esl

fruit flashcards in plural

words for the fruit flashcards in plural
Words for the fruit flashcards in plural

I have also prepared a set of flashcards with numbers and their names to play and learn numbers.

numbers flashcards for teaching english
Numbers flashcards

flashcards with numbers for esl

numbers flashcards for teaching english to kids

Fruits and Berries Bingo Game


My pupils like different games, crosswords and puzzles for learning English. So I would like to share my Fruit Bingo Game specially designed for lessons where I use the fruits song, although this game can be used alone for any lesson about fruits. Just cut out the words or the pictures and have fun with kids.

fruit bingo game
Fruits Bingo Game

fruit bingo game for learning english

I hope my teaching materials will be interesting and useful for your little students.

See also:
Fruits and berries worksheets
Vegetables song for children
*****

2 comments :

  1. In early childhood,it is very important to make children to listen these kind of songs to improve their skills.
    Children dvds | Educational cds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the fruit Bingo game? Is there a link for the download?

    ReplyDelete